Find a Personal Injury Lawyer
- In 2014, $3.9 billion in medical malpractice payments were made with average awards ranging from $33,696 for insignificant injuries to nearly $1 million for serious injuries resulting in brain damage, paralysis or the need for life care. (Diederich Healthcare)
- In 2012, more than 2.5 million people were injured in motor vehicle accidents and needed treatment in an emergency room. The lifetime medical costs and lost work from these injuries is expected to exceed $51 billion. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Each year about 1,000 new chemicals are introduced in the United States, and some chemicals have been linked to cancer. (S. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry)
- In 2015, there were approximately 6 million vehicular accidents. 3 million people were injured. More than 90 people die in vehicular accidents every day.
An injury can change your life and has the potential to cost you thousands of dollars or more in medical costs and lost income.
Personal injury lawyers work with clients and the court system to determine whether another party is responsible for paying some of these costs.
You may want to consult with an attorney if your injury was the result of one of the following:
- Medical mistake
- Vehicle accident
- Poor property maintenance
- Exposure to a toxin
- Or any other negligence
Don’t assume you don’t have options. In some cases, the law entitles injured individuals to receive payment for their medical costs, lost income and other damages. Many personal injury lawyers provide free consultations and will review your case at no charge.